Monday, June 14, 2010

A Sad No Reading Day


Sadly I was unable to read today. I've been sewing flying monkey parts for my son and three other children that will be acting as flying monkeys in a production of The Wizard of Oz this weekend. I did get a book in the mail from paperbackswap today though.
Truesight by David Stahler Jr.
Summary from Shelfari: Everyone in Jacob's colony is born blind. It has always been this way. They embrace the philosophy of Truesight: Blindness brings unity, purity, and freedom. It is an exceptional community. Everyone is happy. As Jacob nears his thirteenth birthday, he anxiously anticipates his new role as an adult and all the changes that will bring. But as the day approaches, a far greater change threatens Jacob's future. It all starts with a searing pain in his eyes ... This is the first book of David Stahler Jr.'s gripping Truesight trilogy. Ages 12+
This looks like a very cool book and I'm looking forward to the day that I will actually get to read again. For now though I need to go catch up on some zzzz's so that I will be in tip top shape for tomorrow's final costume fitting and altering. Night all!

1 comment:

  1. What a strange and interesting book. It sounds like a Margaret Peterson Haddix book, at least in the feel of it. Thanks for visiting my blog! I'm now a follower

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you think!