Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Trip Through Borders


I had to go to Borders today so my 5 year old son could pick up some Junie B. Jones books for his friend's birthday party. As we were walking through the store this book caught my eye. I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but...little secret for ya here...I do! I can't help it certain covers just draw me in before I even know what the book is about. Anyway the book is called The Sight by Judy Blundell writing as Jude Watson. It's actually two novels in one book, can you say bargain? After reading the back of this book I decided that I needed to come home and put it on my to be read list post-haste.
Summary:
Gracie has premonitions. They’ve haunted her since before her mother’s death, and she can’t get rid of them. She doesn’t know how to deal with them and she doesn’t want to--they’ve never led to anything good. She never knows whether she’s seeing the past, the present, or the future--it just comes to her. But Gracie is forced to try to use her premonitions. Her best friend, Emily, disappears, and the premonitions lead to the only clues to where she might be--and how she might be saved. Gracie’s long-absent father reappears, and his history appears to be mysteriously linked to the disappearance of a student many years ago--and the recent appearance of a body. Only Gracie’s premonitions lead to answers to some dark family secrets. In these two novels, Judy Blundell (writing as Jude Watson) takes readers on a suspenseful journey where premonitions become a matter of life and death. Summary taken from Amazon.com.
Sounds great to me!

1 comment:

  1. I saw this book at my borders, but didn't pick it up, wasn't sure about it! Hope you like it!!! ; )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you think!