Thursday, July 8, 2010

Book Review: Claire de Lune by Christine Johnson

Claire de Lune
Author: Christine Johnson
Released: May 2010
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Pages: 352
Received from: Shut Up! I'm Reading

Torn between two destinies?

Claire is having the perfect sixteenth birthday. Her pool party is a big success, and gorgeous Matthew keeps chatting and flirting with her as if she's the only girl there. But that night, she discovers something that takes away all sense of normalcy: she's a werewolf.

As Claire is initiated into the pack of female werewolves, she must deal not only with her changing identity, but also with a rogue werewolf who is putting everyone she knows in danger. Claire's new life threatens her blossoming romance with Matthew, whose father is leading the werewolf hunt. Now burdened with a dark secret and pushing the boundaries of forbidden love, Claire is struggling to feel comfortable in either skin. With her lupine loyalty at odds with her human heart, she will make a choice that will change her forever?. Summary from Barnes and Noble


What I thought:
I didn't love this book but it was slightly better than OK. I had some trouble liking the characters in this book. Claire is whiny and insecure even before she finds out she is a werewolf. Once she finds out she gets worse. Her woe is me gets a pretty old, pretty quick. Her mother is horrible not in an abusive way or anything, she is just very COLD. Later in the story her mother's behavior is explained a little, but at times I wondered if she cared at all about her daughter. I feel sorry for Claire's best friend because Claire is a sucky best friend. Matthew, Claire's love interest is okay however toward the end of the book he makes a decision in less than 24 hours that really needed to be thought about for a while longer. So hmmm did I like anything about this book? Sure, the new take on the werewolf legend was kind of cool, and it took me a little while to figure out who the rogue werewolf was. Unfortunately though this one left me slightly disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you think!