Thursday, September 9, 2010

Book Review: Awakened by Ednah Walters (Really Loved It)

Awakened (Book 1 of The Guardian Legacy)
Author: Ednah Walters
Release Date:  August 2010
Published by: Pill Hill Press
Pages: 272
Source: Ednah Walters sent me a copy  for my honest review.  That is the only kind of review I am willing to give.
Target Age: Young Adult


Summary: from the back cover
Most teens turn sixteen and get the license to drive, but Lil Falcon gets the license to kill demons. Orphaned as a child and raised by an eccentric grandfather, Lil is concerned with surviving high school and is unaware that she's a Guardian-a being with super powers charged with killing demons and protecting humanity. When she meets Bran, a mysterious boy with amazing abilities, his psi energy unlocks her latent powers. But Bran has a secret that can ruin their growing relationship, and the truth she discovers may destroy everything she believes in unless she finds the right balance between love and sacrifice.


Loved it!!!  What did I love about Awakened?  Well there wasn't much there for me not to love, honestly.  From the very first page I was drawn in.  A voice in Lil's head?  Who can resist voices in the main character's head?  I loved the characters.  Especially Lil's awesome Grandpa.  I have always had a soft spot for those super soft, but stern when they have to be grandpas.  Bran, oh what do I say about Bran?  I loved him but wasn't sure I was suppose to love him.  You'll see why when you read Awakened.  I also loved the kick butt action in this book. 
So you all know from my previous reviews I don't do spoilers.  I sometimes think that the back of a book gives away too much.  So I'm just going to tell you, once again I loved it and if you enjoy reading about angels, romance, mystery and action then I think you are going to love Awakened as well.  I recommend moving it to the top of your to be read list.  As always when you finish Awakened I would love to know what you thought. 


2 comments:

  1. Awesome review. :) I seriously can't wait to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great review! Definitely on my to be read list!

    Here, have an award: http://booksforbears.blogspot.com/2010/09/second-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you think!