Monday, September 20, 2010

Book Review: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (Amazing) No Spoilers

Mockingjay
Author: Suzanne Collins
Release Date: August 2010
Publisher: Scholastic, Inc.
Pages: 390
Target Age: Young Adult
Source: Borrowed from Jessica Secret

Summary: by Barnes & Noble:
Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she’s made it out of the bloody arena alive, she’s still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss. And what’s worse, President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss’s family, not her friends, not the people of District 12. Powerful and haunting, this thrilling final installment of Suzanne Collins’s groundbreaking The Hunger Games trilogy promises to be one of the most talked about books of the year.


I have loved this series from the very beginning.  I've been very emotionally invested in the characters and have been waiting (just like everyone else) to find out what would happen to Katniss, District 12, and President Snow.  Right after I finished Mockingjay I brought the book to my daughter and told her not to read it.  I told her that it was the worst, most horrible book I had ever read.  She knew I was lying of course, she could see that I had been crying and not just a few tears.  Oh no! I had the full on hiccuping sobs.  You know the kind, body shaking, snot dripping, oh yeah I was a mess for the last few chapters.  Really though I loved this book.  It was a wonderful ending, I don't think I could have asked for more.  Not that I liked everything that happened in the book, no no.  However, I knew going in that there would be heartbreak and loss, there always has been in Katniss's life.  If you haven't read The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay then you are missing out on a truly amazing story. 


3 comments:

  1. Best review of this book yet! Glad I'm not the only snot-drippy crier at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review!
    I really enjoyed this book and the ending for the most part, although I do not think that it did Gale justice (and I am team peeta even)

    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'm going to really have to get myself this book series. I have got to be the last person on this earth that hasn't read The Hunger Games Trilogy yet. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you think!