Saturday, May 21, 2011

On My Wish List (9) Bitter Frost and Crossroads

 Bitter Frost
Author: Kailin Gow
Released: June 10, 2010
Summary from Goodreads
All her life, Breena had always dreamed about fairies as though she lived among them...beautiful fairies living among mortals and living in Feyland. In her dreams, he was always there the breathtakingly handsome but dangerous Winter Prince, Kian, who is her intended. When Breena turns sixteen, she begins seeing fairies and other creatures mortals don't see. Her best friend Logan suddenly acts very protective. Then she sees Kian, who seems intent on finding her and carrying her off to Feyland. That's fine and all, but for the fact that humans rarely survive a trip to Feyland, a kiss from a fairy generally means death to the human unless that human has fairy blood in them or is very strong, and although Kian seemed to be her intended, he seems to hate her and wants her dead.

Based on the Dutch folklore about the Snow Queen and Jack Frost.


WHY I WANT IT? I haven't loved all of the fairy books that I've read however many times when I find another one, I want to read it. Plus that cover is awesome! 

Crossroads
Author: Mary Ting
Released: April 6, 2011
Summary from Goodreads
On the same night of her friend’s tragic death, Claudia Emerson encounters another world, Crossroads, through her dream. There, she learns about a mix breed of angels and humans, who possess supernatural powers. Among those with these powers, lies evil, known as the fallen. Mystified by her ability to enter this place called Crossroads, certain that the fallen will be after her, she is assigned a guardian angel named Michael. Aden, the fallen leader, is convinced that Claudia holds the key to help destroy Crossroads. Her dream becomes a nightmare as more secrets are revealed, about who she really is, and the true identities of the people she loves most.

WHY I WANT IT? Fallen Angels, Guardian Angels, Supernatural powers, why wouldn't I want to read this book?

 On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post(found at Book Chick City). If you want to know more click here.

So what's on your wishlist?

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't heard of either of these but they both sound good. Adding them both to my wishlist now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you think!