Friday, June 17, 2011

SiS Read-a-Thon Update #1

My favorite and least favorite adaptation of a book - Mini Challenge

My favorite is easy, I loved The Stand by Stephen King and I really think the only reason it was so great as a movie was because it was actually a mini series.  The series followed the book very closely and the I loved the actors that portrayed the characters. I also really liked Misery by Stephen King both book and movie.

My least favorites have been Twilight.  I think the movies are eons more cheesy than the books.  It's been a few years since I read the Twilight Saga but I do remember enjoying them when I read them the movies, not so much.
Also I tried to read the Harry Potter books right before watching each movie and ended up horribly distraught that they weren't the same so I stopped reading and watching Harry Potter until this last movie came out and I started over with the movies.  When I'm not comparing them I'm okay so once I watch the last movie I'll go back and read the entire series. 


Update:


  • Total Books Read: Just finished the book I had been reading
  • Total Pages Read: 80
  • Books Read Since Last Update: 1/2 of a book
  • Pages Read since last update: 80
  • Total time read: about 1.5 hours
  • How I'm currently feeling: Ready to finish the update and get back to reading:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you think!