Wednesday, July 6, 2011

NeuroticThoughts on Where She Went

Where She Went
Author: Gayle Forman
Released: April 5, 2011
Published by: Dutton Juvenile
Pages: 264
ISBN: 0525422943
Target Age: Young Adult

Source: I borrowed this one from the fabulous Jessica of Shut Up I'm Reading
Summary from Goodreads:

It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.


AMAZING!!
 First off If you haven't read If I Stay - stop right now! Go to the store, library, amazon, or wherever you get your books from, and RUN don't walk to get your own copy of If I Stay!!!! Yes, it really is that good.

OK, now onto Where She Went.... I've been putting this review off for quite awhile because I'm afraid it's just going to sound all gushy and incoherent because of the amount of love I have for this book and Adam! As wonderful as If I Stay was, Where She Went is even better! This book is told from Adam's point of view and wow, I just love this guy SOOO much.  Adam's heartache is so palpable you feel it right along with him. When he cried, I cried. He's barely hanging on trying to get through his life in the aftermath of what happened to Mia three years ago. While waiting to head off to Europe on tour with his band he takes a few days in New York City and remembers what's happened in the past three years.  Oh my, get ready for the tears during his flashbacks!!! While wandering through the city he stumbles upon Mia, what  happens next you'll have to find out for yourself.
Side note: After reading this book I went to New York City for the first time, and seeing the things that Gayle Forman wrote about just made them so much more for me, it was awesome!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Glad you enjoyed this one. I just got it from the library the other day and can't wait to read it I really enjoyed If I Stay ^-^

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you think!