Monday, September 5, 2011

Neurotic Thoughts on Blood of the White Witch

Blood of the White Witch
Author: Lacey Weatherford
Released: October 28, 2010
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
Pages: 254
Publisher: Moonstruck Media
ISBN: 9780984592630
Target Age: Young Adult
Source: Sent to me by the author through The Bookish Snob book tours for an honest review
Summary from Goodreads:

When love came knocking on the door of novice witch, Portia Mullins, in the form of handsome bad boy, Vance Mangum, she had no idea how quickly the attraction between them would escalate. Now she finds her relationship with Vance taken to a whole new level, in a way she had never dreamed possible at this point and time of her life. Yet even as the personal connection between them explodes, the two quickly find themselves in a world of shifting balances. While searching for Vance’s missing mother, they realize they are suddenly unsure of who to trust, learning that sometimes things are not always as they appear. When Vance’s demon characteristics abruptly begin to resurface again without warning, the horrible truth comes out, crashing down upon them and shattering some of their most precious dreams. Once the deadly plan is uncovered, Portia and Vance find themselves hastily rushing against the hands of time in an attempt to stop an ancient ritual from being performed. But will they be successful before fate reaches out to twist them cruelly, possibly separating them and changing magic forever? Passion, loyalties, powers, and family ties, will all be tested when dangerous adventures abound in this third installment in the Of Witches and Warlocks series, Blood of the White Witch.  

                                    I REALLY LOVED THIS BOOK!


I'm finding it harder and harder to review the Of Witches and Warlocks series without writing spoilers for the previous books. I must say that it really seems like each book is just a little better than the book before, and so far this one is definitely my favorite. In Blood of the White Witch Vance and Portia are happier than ever, and even more passionate than ever. All sweet and gooey. I found parts of this story to be a little predictable but then later when the story jerked the rug out from under me I suspected that maybe the author had lulled me into that state of predictability on purpose. Tricky tricky! Just a couple of warnings, this book had me crying, really more like sobbing actually, and be prepared for a MAJOR cliffhanger! I am in desperate need of the fourth book! The Of Witches and Warlocks series has become one of my very favorite.

I know this review is short and sweet but everything that I want to say is SO spoilery. Instead of giving anything away I'm just going to leave you now with a reminder that if you love sweet, sweet romance stories then you have just found a series that is sure to become one of your favorites.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you think!