Sunday, April 28, 2013

Waiting On Forever by Ashley Wilcox


Title: Waiting on Forever
Author: Ashley Wilcox
Release date: April 29, 2013
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Age Group: Adult/ New Adult


College.

Parties, sororities and getting drunk.

Oh, yeah. And learning.

This may be true for most college students, but not for Leah
Bennett. College life for her includes studying, working,
and excelling in school. When it comes to the social
ladder, Leah is at the bottom. Popular girls, hot guys and
star athletes are of no importance to her, except for one.

Matthew Jacobs.

Matt is the starting wide receiver at SUNY Cortland,
the most wanted guy on campus and Leah’s best friend.
Although Leah’s feelings toward Matt run deeper than just
a friendship, it is something she would never let be heard
because the odds of someone like Matthew Jacobs going
for someone like Leah Bennett are slim to none.

When Matt starts showing an interest in Leah that goes
beyond friendship, she is dumbfounded and doesn’t believe
it is possible – until one weekend that changes everything.

Will Matt and Leah’s popularity status get in the way of
having a chance at a real relationship?

Or does status mean nothing when it comes to true love?

My Thoughts

If you are looking for an amazingly sweet, make you feel tingly from the romance, and a bit hot from the sexy bits then you are looking for Waiting On Forever. 

Leah can't get imagine that a boy like Matt could ever like a girl like her. I have to admit that this bothered me. I know it's normal especially in teens and young adults to think that someone is better than them or not good enough because of popularity or whatever but it makes Leah seem weak. She honestly doesn't think she is worthy of Matt because she isn't a sexually experienced bimbo. Speaking of sex and experience.....Leah is a super-virgin. She hasn't even been kissed yet but one kiss from Matt has her ready to drop her pants in a heap on the floor. Really? I didn't feel like that was very genuine. Now reading back on this it sounds like I don't like Leah very much but that's not true. There were some things I really liked about her. In all other areas of her life she was a strong character. She was smart, creative, sarcastic and she really doesn't take any crap from the bimbos, in fact she can be downright scrappy.

Matt adores Leah. After talking to her on Facebook for a while he manages to find a way to spend more time with her. For the most part I really liked Matt. Even though he is a star football player and everyone likes him he never seems to fall for fame that popularity can bring. He remains true to himself throughout the entire novel and I love how much he respects and cares for Leah. 

I really did enjoy Waiting on Forever. There isn't a lot of heartbreaking drama and the sexy scenes are hot enough to make you blush but aren't particularly naughty (definitely for mature readers though). This story is a spin off of Planning on Forever but I haven't read that yet and I didn't feel like I was missing anything so it really is a stand alone novel. I also really liked that the epilogue wrapped everything up with a ridiculously gorgeous bow.  


I received this book from the author for my honest opinion.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. I love hearing what you think!